The UnitedAg & United Agricultural Benefit Trust Scholarship Program
Since 1989, UnitedAg has awarded more than $897,000 in scholarship monies to students in need of funding for college. Previous scholarship winners have taken their place in management, government, market development, international sales and foreign trade. Some students have gone on to pursue advanced graduate studies.
In 2013, UnitedAg will make available up to $75,000 in scholarship grants. Any UnitedAg or UABT member-affiliated student presently enrolled, or who will be enrolled anytime during the 2014/15 scholastic year, should consider applying for a UnitedAg scholarship. Only students presently residing in the United States, Canada and Mexico are eligible for the UnitedAg scholarship program.
Scholarship Requirements For UnitedAg Scholarship:
- Applicants must be affiliated with UnitedAg or UABT, either through a member or an employee of a member.
- This scholarship is open to any major of study.
- Must be presently enrolled anytime during the 2014/2015 scholastic year at an accredited college or university
- A minimum 2.5 GPA is required to be eligible for a scholarship.
- Three letters of recommendation: one from a teacher, one from an employer and one from a volunteer organization (If you do not work or volunteer, substitute 2 teacher letters).
- A two-page essay is required; typewritten and double-spaced with a one-page bibliography. The topic for the 2013 essay can be found in the "Scholarship Checklist" section.
- A one-page typed resume of any work, educational, community or extra curricular activities.
- Complete Application Checklist requirements and include them with your submission postmarked to UnitedAg no later than March 1, 2014. Incomplete or incorrectly completed applications will not be considered.
UnitedAg & Scholarship Application Checklist
Please complete all information on the application
form. All items on this checklist must be included with the scholarship
application or it will be classified ineligible. The deadline
for applications to be postmarked is March 1, 2014. Please be sure to follow all instructions
carefully and completely.
Be sure your UnitedAg/UABT scholarship submission
- Complete all information on the application form.
All sections pertaining to UnitedAg must be filled out.
- A two-page, double-spaced, typed essay with a
one-page typed bibliography on this topic:
"How can you personally impact the future of either agriculture or agribusiness?"
- A one-page typed resume of your work, educational,
community service and extra curricular activities.
- Three (3) Letters of recommendation -- one from
a teacher, one from an employer and one from a
volunteer organization. If you've never been employed
or worked with a volunteer group, you may substitute
additional letters from teachers.
- GPA transcripts (copies are acceptable) with
cumulative averages from the school you are currently
attending, including most recent academic period,
(quarter or semester) and prior three years.
- If you'd like your financial situation to be
considered, submit current financial statements (tax
returns, bank statements, etc.) for yourself and your
family with the application. (Financial need will not be
considered unless an applicant specifically requests it and
furnishes all the supporting documentation to substantiate
personal and family income, expenses, savings, etc.)
- Please include a 4"x6" current image of yourself (digital photo preferred).
- Submit by deadline: March 1, 2014.
Application Submission Instructions:
UnitedAg Scholarship Program
54 Corporate Park
Irvine, CA 92606-5105
UnitedAg Scholarship Program
Please contact the Scholarship Coordinator at (800) 223-4590 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on-line. Click here.
Download the Entire Scholarship Application Booklet,
Download UnitedAg scholarship promotional posters: English | Spanish
To view the list of 2013 scholarship-recipients, please